NTB is an equal opportunity employer and invites competent and suitable qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Financial Systems Controller x 1 Windhoek
DIVISION: Finance and IT
Paterson Job Grade C4 (TCTC N$ 372,098)
- Obtains systems updates from suppliers and updates NTB systems, conducts database backups and takes preventive steps to manage the updates
- Checks the updates on critical points, signs off the updates with suppliers, and aligns all documentation and reports to the system updates
- Conducts analyses of problems, establishing underlying causes and where necessary applying patches, or alleviating problems by system and acceptance retesting or reloading
- Detects, traces, and resolves errors.
- Assists the ITA on upgrade implementations
- Analyses project proposals, identifies omissions and errors in requirements and conducts feasibility studies to recommend a balanced and optimized approach to upgrades
- Guides users on critical aspects of the system to ensure that data contamination is minimized
- Conducts parameter checks to ascertain the integrity of applications and process improvement acts as an operational expert within NTB on systems and PC-based business applications from a programming perspective.
- Analyse, develop and improve specific needs for NTB systems in defined business areas and their specific requirements and functionalities.
- Systems management through monitoring, rectification, and troubleshooting activities and ensuring that systems meet both the operational as well as developmental requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Advanced Diploma or three (3) years bachelor’s degree in Programming or Computer Science (NQF level 7)
- A minimum of four (4) years within an IT environment, of which at least two (2) years should be within a programming and application development or similar environment.
- System analysis experience at an operational level in the fields of object-oriented analysis and designing in a corporate environment
- Experience in application development on Microsoft application development platforms e.g. Billing, Technical and Finance
Namibia Tourism Board offers a market-related total cost to company package, which is negotiable based on work experience and qualifications. The package includes retirement and medical aid benefits.
We encourage energetic, dynamic, and result-driven team players to apply online.
Deadline for applications 9th September 2022
As per the Affirmative Action (Employment) Act, Act 29 of 1998, Namibian citizens from disadvantaged groups and persons with disabilities will receive preferential treatment and are encouraged to apply.
Please note that all qualification copies should be certified, and an identification document should be attached to your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.
No faxed applications will be accepted
Namibia Tourism Board reserves the right not to make an appointment for this position.